Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Interesting Things to Think About

Monday, January 14, 2013

Interesting Things to Think About

I did a boot camp a little over a year ago. Because of that, I get monthly newsletters from the company, even though I don't want to go back to waking up at 4:20 in the morning to go to boot camp. Anyways, in the latest newsletter, they included the following formulas for determining your appropriate calorie intake (for maintaining). I'm not recommending that you use this and I have no idea where it came from, but it's something that caught my interest, at least temporarily...

Women: (665.10 + (9.56 x weight in kg) + (1.85 x height in cm) - (4.68 x age in years)) + 200
Men: (66.47 + (13.75 x weight in kg) + (5.0 x height in cm) - (6.76 x age in years) + 200

--SUBJECT CHANGE--
My car insurance company sends out a quarterly magazine. While I was taking a break from knitting last Friday night (yes, I stayed in to relax, knit, and watch The West Wing on Netflix), I read a small article about saving for your future. Apparently, people who see age-progressed photos of themselves tend to save more for retirement. Is it true? I don't know, but if you want to check it out for yourself, you can use the following apps:
AgingBooth
HourFace
Oldify
Age My Face

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment