Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Christmas Food

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Christmas Food

Let’s review some of what I ate while I was in Atlanta with my parents. Obviously, I didn't photograph everything. How obsessive do you think I am while on vacation?

For Christmas Eve, my mom made a pork loin pot roast with sweet potatoes, carrots, onions, and potatoes (which I avoided), and a side salad made with red, orange, and yellow bell peppers, cucumbers, mushrooms, carrots, etc.


(Doesn't my mom set a pretty table?)


Christmas day was somewhat unusual. Instead of waking up super early and opening presents like I've done every other year of my life, I slept late and my parents and I ate breakfast together before even considering opening presents. We didn't open presents till the afternoon. I guess my inner child wasn't too concerned with opening presents early.

And for Christmas dinner, we had potato sausage, lefse (Scandinavian potato bread), and salad. I don't know if you picked up on the trend, but there's a serious love of potatoes. Because this meal is a tradition in my family for Christmas, I made a Paleo-xception, and heartily enjoyed it. I don't have photos for the entire meal put together, but below is a photo of the potato sausage being cooked in the pan. After cooking in the pan, we transfer it to oven-safe bakeware and bake it for another 20-30 minutes in the oven. The result is delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment