Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Pumpkin Blackberry Pancakes

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Pumpkin Blackberry Pancakes

I haven't been posting much lately because I haven't been doing much cooking (at least nothing new). Somehow, I managed to wake myself up this morning, and whip this together though. I'm pretty impressed with myself, because I rarely take the time to make breakfast. I normally just eat leftovers.

Pumpkin Blackberry Pancakes

1 Tbls coconut oil
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup almond flour
1/8 cup coconut flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup blackberries, cut into quarters

1. Heat 1 Tbls coconut oil over medium-low heat in a large pan.
2. Mix wet ingredients together, then mix in the dry ingredients.
3. Fold in the blackberries.
4. Transfer to hot pan by the heaping tablespoon full. (If you make each pancake too large, they'll just fall apart when you try to flip them.)
5. Cook for about 3 minutes per side. The pancakes are ready to flip when the edges of the pancake have turned a darker brown. Serve with maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment