Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Breakfast for Dinner

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Breakfast for Dinner

You know how I said I've been lazy lately. Well, that laziness has continued. I'm being more productive this week, but I didn't do my weekly meal prep, so here's what I tossed together for dinner today:

Leafy Greens, Sweet Potato, and Avocado with Eggs

1 sweet potato, diced
2 cups spinach
1 cup kale
1 cup Swiss chard
1 carrot, chopped
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/2 avocado
pinch of cumin
pinch of cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp lime juice

1. Heat 1 Tbls olive oil over medium/medium-low heat (setting 4 on my stove).
2. Once hot toss in the sweet potato. Add the cinnamon, pepper, and salt. Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
3. After a few minutes, toss in the carrots and stir with the sweet potato. Add the spinach, kale, and Swiss chard to the top of the pan, but don't stir. Cook for 4 minutes.
4. Stir everything together, reduce heat to medium-low (3) and cook for another couple minutes, or until the greens are wilted.
5. Push everything to the side of a pan and crack the eggs into the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the egg white is cooked through.
6. Serve in a bowl with the eggs resting on a bed of leafy greens.

Top with avocado, and sprinkle with the cumin, cayenne pepper, and lime juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment