Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Meatloaf Muffins

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Meatloaf Muffins

I have no recollection of ever eating meatloaf growing up. I asked my mom and she insists that we she did make it a few times, and I guess I can't remember every meal my family ever ate, so if I forgot a a few servings of meatloaf... oh well. If I go with my memory though, these "muffins" are the first meatloaf I've ever had. For some reason I had this preconceived notion that I didn't like meatloaf... that it was gross. It appears that I was wrong, because I thoroughly enjoyed these.

Meatloaf Muffins

1 lb ground beef
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup shredded cabbage
2 Tbls tomato paste
3 Tbls almond flour
1 egg
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Mix all ingredients together and distribute into muffin tin, filling to the brim. (The mix makes roughly 8 muffins)

3. Bake for 30 minutes. Then transfer to paper-towel lined plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment