Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Pumpkin Spice Pancakes

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Pancakes

Bear with me and my recent pumpkin obsession. Yes, I think it's appropriate to call it an obsession now. Feel free to argue with me on the "recent" term though. I keep thinking of more and more ways to cook pumpkin. And I seem to want something pumpkin everyday. Don't worry, I'm kind of restraining myself. I don't want to get tired of pumpkin before Thanksgiving. Heaven forbid that would happen. I'm already craving the pumpkin pie, pumpkin muffins, and pumpkin bread that I intend to bake. Oh, excuse me while I wipe this drool off of my chin.
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
2 eggs
1 cup pumpkin puree
3/4 cup almond flour
2 tsp pumpkin spice (Add an extra 1 tsp cinnamon if you wish. Trust me, I wish!)
1 Tbls honey
1 pinch sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda

Whisk the egg, then mix in the pumpkin puree.

Heat 1 tsp coconut oil over medium-low heat (3 out of 9). Spoon 1 large tablespoon of the pumpkin mixture onto the pan, using the spoon to spread the mixture into a circle. The mixture is very thick, so this step is necessary to get flat pancakes. After ~3 minutes, flip to the other side. Be very careful with this step. You need to work your spatula under the pancake slowly, otherwise, the pancake might fall apart. Repeat until you've used all of your batter. It will make about 6 pancakes.

Serve with maple syrup. Yummmmm!


No comments:

Post a Comment