Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Just say no... to grains

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Just say no... to grains

I really don't know why I get these urges to eat foods containing grain, like pizza or bagels. I had some pizza last Friday at lunch and I was vastly disappointed by the quality. Most of the times that I choose to eat something non-Paleo, I'm disappointed by how it tastes. I know I like my own food, so every time I eat grain or dairy, I wish that I had baked/cooked it myself so that I would have enjoyed it more. Seriously, unless it's from a high quality restaurant or a friend made it, I usually don't like it.

The side effect: Without fail, I end up feeling sick to my stomach after eating grains or dairy (especially dairy). After the pizza incident last Friday, I was so tired and icky feeling, I took a 2-hour nap on my couch, and I almost never take naps. Usually only when I'm sick. Plus, my face likes to break out after eating something non-Paleo. So for those of you who see me in daily life... a tell-tale sign that I've eaten something non-Paleo is the condition of my skin. A very cruel and unfortunate Paleometer. Damn you, grains and dairy!

Basically what I should take from this experience is that I should stick to Paleo. The non-Paleo food may be there, taunting me with its grains and sugar and dairy, but I need to stay strong and stick to things that I like and that my body likes. My body and I can get along, right? (The one thing that I will probably always give in and eat is Mellow Mushroom calzones. It's my weakness.)

If you haven't seen it yet, you should go see Pitch Perfect. I loved it. The bouncy version of myself decided to come out to play after the movie. And I found myself spontaneously clapping or bouncing, or even just smiling.

And just to throw in something more random... have you figured out how compulsively organized I can be? No? Well, just so you know, I maintain a spreadsheet of my local friends and their contact info. I updated it again today. Each entry is categorized by how I know the person. And it's in alphabetical order, with filters to sort based on the type of function. For example, if I wanted to plan a work happy hour, I can simply sort for "Work" and then copy-paste all of the email addresses. Oh? I want to host a girls night? Easy. I just sort by gender. Yes. I have included gender into my spreadsheet. Don't get all judge-y. I like girls nights. Cooking, drinking wine or margaritas, bashing boys (sorry guys), and watching cheesy chick flicks = so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment