Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: One-Year Anniversary

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

One-Year Anniversary

On this day last year I made my first ever blog post. Last Wednesday was the one-year celebration of starting the Paleo diet. I went to a happy hour, but not exactly in celebration of Paleo, not to mention that drinking probably isn't the best way to celebrate Paleo. Anyways, yay for one year! I'm excited about it.

In honor of this day, I decided to try to mix it up a bit and go for a different genre of food. So I made myself an Curry Burger

Curry Burger

1/2 lb ground beef
1 tsp ground coriander seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cardamom
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Mix up the spices and then use your hands to mash it into the burger. Heat over medium-low heat on a skillet. Flip after about 3 minutes. Enjoy with a side of Roasted Curry Cauliflower.

Roasted Curry Cauliflower
1 head of cauliflower, chopped
1 1/2 Tbls EVOO
1 tsp curry
1/2 tsp tumeric
1/2 tsp sea salt

Preheat oven to 400F. Place your ingredients into a gallon-sized Ziploc bag. Seal and shake until evenly distributed. Spread over a tin foil-lined baking sheet, and place into the oven for 35 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment