Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Portland - Day 1 - Part 2

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Portland - Day 1 - Part 2

Just as a warning, I just got back from dinner at Fogo de Chao with SD, GS, and CM, where I ate all of the meat, so I'm about to fall asleep from a food coma. If I misspell words or use faulty grammar, please forgive me. I did prepare for tonight's dinner though; I only had 2 eggs for breakfast and ~1 cup of fruit today so that I could stuff myself tonight and not feel so guilty. To be honest, I've gone to churrascarias before where I feel like I've eaten way more. But I didn't eat any bread this time like I normally do at those places (the cheesy bread is delish), so maybe that's why I didn't feel too overly full. Moving on...

229123. No those are not the numbers I pick for lottery tickets. 229 is the number of photos that I took of roses at the International Rose Test Garden, and 123 is the number of photos from the Portland Japanese Garden. Too many? Probably. But I liked it. So here are a select few. And trust me, I had a hard time picking, but I don't know if you would appreciate the nature overload you'd get from seeing all of my photos at once.



In a garden
The kiss of the sun for pardon
The song of the birds for mirth
One is nearer God's heart in a garden
Than anywhere else on earth
-Dorothy F.B. Gurney

We finished off the day at Red Star, the restaurant connected to our hotel. I had the Ruby Gimlet and the Red Star drinks with my slow-cooked pork shoulder over coleslaw and corn. Delicious. The corn (not Paleo, I know) really pulled the dish together.



No comments:

Post a Comment