Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Blogs to Check Out

Monday, September 10, 2012

Blogs to Check Out

These are some of the blogs that I follow for food, Paleo, and entertainment purposes:

Nom Nom Paleo is awesome. Great photos and recipes. She likes mushrooms and always seems to have well-balanced meals. If you have an iPad, check out her recently created iPad app. Also, if you've got a lot of kitchen toys (WAY more than me), you should look at her recipes. She has some super cool gadgets.

If you want an entertaining and humorous read with LOTS of wonderful dessert recipes, check out Juli on PaleOMG. She's in the process of pulling together a cookbook of her recipes. Some of her entrées look questionable for my tastes (though I'm sure you may think the same of my recipes).

I also read Mark's Daily Apple when I want to learn more about Paleo and other health and fitness topics. He posts every day... like a boss! And each weekend he provides links to various different topics. Great about answering questions and really helpful about analyzing recent research publications, such as this one about gluten sensitivity.

Robb Wolf was my first insight into the world of Paleo. I read his book, The Paleo Solution, when I first decided to start doing Paleo. He tries to provide facts and is not solely trying to win you over to the side of Paleo. He wants you, the reader, to be healthy. He wants to help people and he's convincing. Give his blog a shot.

Bill and Hayley of The Food Lovers Kitchen was also a blog/source of recipe ideas when I was starting out. They've got some good explanations on what is and isn't Paleo. They've created a new Android/iPhone app that is awesome for meal planning and grocery lists. You can search for certain foods or mealtimes, and put them on a meal plan for the week. It has the ingredients and directions available, and also produces a grocery list for you. Hard to get better than that!

I don't visit this one as frequently, but I do think you should check it out: The Clothes Make the Girl. Melissa Joulwan helped form the Texas Rollergirls in Austin, TX. Roller derby. How cool is that? I enjoy reading her blog for her sense of humor and her good job of tracking food when she does Whole 30 (like she's been doing lately).

If you're looking for some delicious and well-presented food ideas, look no further than Morsels and Mouthfuls. One of my friends back in Atlanta prepares excellent-looking and -tasting meals and I'm super jealous of his dinner plates. I like my food and I think it tastes good, but his presentations are restaurant-worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment