Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Lead with your rice?

Monday, June 24, 2013

Lead with your rice?

See this BBC article on USA rice. I know this is a couple months old, but still... in case you didn't have enough reason not to eat rice, apparently some of the rice you can find here in the United States contain 20 to 120 times the provisional total tolerable intake (PTTI). The high end of that range applies in particular to children among groups who eat a higher than average amount of rice, such as those of Asian or Latin background. For the average adult, the levels of lead in rice can be 20 to 40 times higher than the PTTI.

Who'da thunk?

And in other news... my candlelight yoga class tonight was intense. Seriously. Do you know how odd it is to have sweat dripping up your chin while your arms shake in downward dog, downward dog split, and dolphin poses? I definitely never thought that yoga was sweat-worthy. Sure, sports involving lots of cardio = sweating, but yoga? Really? And of course, I'm dripping sweat to the point that my hands and feet started slipping on the yoga mat. Fortunately my arms and legs didn't splay out so that I belly-flopped onto the mat. Ah, the little things in life...


I checked my mail after I got back from yoga. My mailman/woman/person was probably furious with me for letting my little mailbox get so full. But as a nice surprise for me, I got a package in the mail. And what was in this wonderful little package? A new pair of spandex yoga capris. Super soft ones. And I love my spandex so much that I actually started talking to it. Word-for-word, this was what I said to my spandex capris: "Oh! Look how soft you are! Helllllooooo, lover!" Yes, I'm weird. I love spandex. I think I truly realized this love when I started rowing back in college. And since then, I would willingly wear spandex whenever possible. Sadly, I don't think that work would be too cool with that, but man would I like to. Ah, the comfort that I could feel while sitting at work all day every day. But then my company doesn't give us standing desks, why would they let me wear spandex to work? I'll work on it...

No comments:

Post a Comment