Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: It's the end of the world as we know it...

Friday, December 21, 2012

It's the end of the world as we know it...

So I'm hanging out with my parents watching the John Cusack movie, 2012, on tv. What an appropriate way to celebrate the end of the world. We're alternating that with The Santa Clause, which is way more entertaining in my opinion, mainly because it's Christmas time. And apparently my dog Sophie LOVES Santa. She's definitely the most excited about watching tv.

I, on the other hand, am more excited about the glass of wine that I'm enjoying while watching Christmas and apocalyptic movies. There's a thought... A Christmas apocalypse movie. Where instead of the world being taken over by zombies of overheating, we're overrun by cheery elves and snow. Sounds like a better way to go if you ask me.

I was welcomed to my hometown in the best way possible. My mom picked me up and we immediately headed over to a spa near my old apartment for facials and massages. Awesome! It was very relaxing and necessary after the last couple of weeks that I've had. Work has been intense, which is the reason why I haven't posted for the last week. That and I learned how to knit last weekend, so I spent some of my spare time in the evenings knitting. And watching old episodes of Whose Line is it Anyways. Great show. And did well for improving my mood.

Tonight we went to a Mediterranean/Lebanese restaurant. I confess, I ate pita bread and hummus. But I only ate one piece of pita bread and then decided it didn't taste good enough for me to want to eat more. Crazy! I don't think I've ever had that experience before. The beef shalwar a and lamb kabobs were delicious!

Anyways, back to the movie... Enjoy the apocalypse! Hopefully I'll see you all tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment