Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Paleo Blueberry Muffins

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Paleo Blueberry Muffins

I was desperately craving some blueberry muffins the other day. So what's a girl to do, but start baking?

I am a self-proclaimed baker, not a cook. Don't get me wrong, I can whip up some decent meals, but baking is by far my strong suit - it's intuitive. I know what the various batters are supposed to look like and I just mix in my Paleo ingredients until it looks right. So here's one recipe for Paleo blueberry muffins. I did use maple syrup, but you can easily exclude it if you're on a Whole 30. Yes, blueberry muffins are considered SWYPO (Sex With Your Pants On), but if you've got a craving, I think it's better to let yourself indulge in that craving instead of eating everything else you can get your hands on and then still being dissatisfied. Go ahead... you know you want to!

Paleo Blueberry Muffins

Ingredients

1 cup almond butter
1 cup almond meal
3 Tbls tapioca flour
3 Tbls arrowroot powder
1/2 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
a couple shakes of sea salt
2 eggs
2 Tbls maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1 cup fresh blueberries

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
  2. Combine the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another. Once the wet ingredients are thoroughly mixed, stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
  3. Distribute into 10 muffin tins - you can either coat each section with coconut oil, or you can use a muffin tin liner - silicone is easier to separate from the muffin, but paper works well too.
  4. Cook for 12-15 minutes.
  5. Let cool for a little bit, then devour as if you were cookie monster and these blueberry muffins were cookies. But try to get all of these muffins in your mouth instead of letting them fly all over the place, it'd be a shame to waste such deliciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment