Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: W30D11

Thursday, February 6, 2014

W30D11

I just realized that I haven't eaten any fruits for the past three days. So somehow my Whole 30 has shifted into a mix of Whole 30 and 21DSD (21 Day Sugar Detox). It wasn't intentional, but I guess I have been trying to break the habit of finishing off a meal with something sweet or dessert-like, like chocolate, fruit, or nut butter. Now I kind of want to see how long I can last before I start craving fruit.

I'm somewhat regretting my decision to say goodbye to Facebook for a while, because now I just want to ask for my friends opinions on the fitbit and other biotracking devices. Although I would really prefer a device that would monitor my heart rate and walking/running speed/distance in addition to the number of steps I've taken. Is it too much to ask for everything? Does the vivofit by Garmin cover my desires?

Basil Tuna

1/2 lb tuna steak
1 Tbls olive oil
3 Tbls fresh basil, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

1. Rub 1 Tbls of olive oil into the tuna steak.
2. Mix together the basil, salt, and pepper. Then spread over the tuna steak.

3. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking pan and set to broil on a rack 4" below the top of the oven. Cook for 4 minutes, then use tongs to flip the tuna over and cook for another 4 minutes. This got me to a medium-well tuna steak, which is a bit more than I wanted. It still tasted delicious though!
After cooking for 4 minutes on one side.
After for minutes, flipped.
After 8 minutes of cooking
ECD3: 1 hour Krav Maga

Of course we worked on throwing elbows again today, so shortly after starting to slam my right elbow into the "tombstone" (small pad), my partner looks at my elbow and asks "Are you okay?!?" I've got blood smeared all over my elbow and partly onto my forearm from scraping off the fresh scab from Wednesday morning's class. And there's blood on the pad as well. Lovely. So I do a few more, despite the worsening wound, and then run off to grab two disinfecting wipes. One to clean off my elbow (Ahhhhh! It BURNS!), and one to clean the pad before I switch to my opposite elbow. During one of the breaks where the instructor focused a bit more on technique, I run over to my purse where I had a roll of stretchy tape and wrap up my elbow to make sure I don't spread blood everywhere. Despite reapplying a fresh wrap after class and removing it once I got home, I have a nice red, itchy, burning rash where the tape was. Because of course, I'm allergic to tape. I know that I have allergic reactions to band-aids and medical tape, and have ever since the summer of 2003. I don't know what happened 11 years ago in the formula for the adhesive used in band-aids and all types of medical tape (including "sensitive-skin"), but over the course of one month, my grandmother up in Minnesota, my mother in Atlanta, and me in Valdosta, GA for summer camp, ALL developed allergic reactions to adhesive. What gives? The doctors didn't know what it was so they labeled it as a latex allergy and it's stuck in my records ever since, though I'm find with latex as long as you don't attach an adhesive to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment