Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: W30D2

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

W30D2

Well, I finished Day 2 of this Whole 30. Nothing big to report. However, the weather's been rather interesting here in Texas, and it's kinda throwing me off of my game. Since when do we get freezing rain, sleet, and snow this far south? I just want to curl up under the covers with a cup of hot cocoa. Don't worry... I didn't. It's only the second day! My will is strong enough to last more than 48 hours. I have eaten a bit more nuts and fruits than I normally would, but I'm adjusting to life without chocolate. It's rough. Wish me luck!

Southwestern Omelet

4 eggs, whisked
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped avocado
1/3 cup sliced grape tomatoes
1/4 onion, chopped
1/4 cup pepper, chopped
1 tbls olive oil
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
a couple shakes of cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp cumin

1. Heat the olive oil over a large pan and saute the mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, and peppers. Mix in the spices. Once the onions become a bit translucent, remove from the pan and set aside.
2. Add a bit more olive oil to the pan, then pour in the whisked eggs. Once the eggs are ~75% cooked, return the veggies to the pan and spread evenly.

3. Fold in half and top with some of the sauteed veggies and sliced avocado.

No comments:

Post a Comment