Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Sunday Shopping

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunday Shopping

Sunday has been deemed my shopping day. Every blog post, article, advice I've seen and received since deciding to go Paleo has said to dedicate one day per week to groceries and food prep.

So here's my intended menu for the week. (Forewarning - I made way too many pork chops this morning, so I will be eating a lot of those this week. Also, most of my breakfasts are eaten in a rush, so I'm sticking with the same thing each morning this week.) I made the frittata tonight and am letting the beef stew cook over.

Sunday
B: Omelet with leftovers from the week
L: Almonds and grapes
D: Veggies (I snacked a lot while I chopped)

Monday
B: Frittata with chipotle sauce and guacamole
L: Beef Stew with side salad
D: Pork Chops (mushroom-rosemary) with sauteed kale

Tuesday
B: Frittata with salsa
L: Grilled Chicken "Sandwich" (with lettuce)
D: Zucchini "Spaghetti" with meat sauce (meat sauce is leftover from last week) See right.

Wednesday
B: Frittata with salsa
L: Pork Chops with roasted broccoli
D: Beef Stew

Thursday
B: Pork chops mixed into veggie/egg scramble
L: Thursday Noon Tradition (TNT), a.k.a. lunch out with co-workers
D: Beef Stew

Friday
B: Frittata with chipotle sauce
L: Beef Stew
D: Dinner out

Saturday
B: Omelet with leftover veggies
L: Pork Chop Sandwich
D: Salmon with sauteed kale



Frittata Recipe:
7 eggs
3/4 cup bell peppers, diced (I used red and orange)
3/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup onion
1 precooked chicken breast, diced (precooked with a BBQ rub)
3/4 cup broccoli (I ended up not using all of the florets in the photo)
2 cups spinach
1 tbls + some olive oil
pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 375F. Coat the bottom and sides of a baking pan with a olive oil or butter. Heat 1 tbls olive oil in a skillet on the stove. Add peppers, mushrooms, onions, and broccoli and cook until onions are translucent. While these are cooking, crack the eggs into a separate bowl and beat. Spread veggies across pan and put the spinach in the skillet, heating until wilted. Distribute spinach in baking pan. Pour the eggs across the pan, making sure it's well spread. Bake for 20 minutes or until the center is firm (my oven runs a little hot, so it may take a bit more time).

Beef stew recipe will be posted tomorrow once it's done cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment