Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: 30 Days of Yoga - Day 1

Thursday, May 1, 2014

30 Days of Yoga - Day 1

Day One of 30DoY (30 Days of Yoga) is a go! After snoozing my 5:30 a.m. alarm for 10 minutes, I made the last minute decision to go to a 6 am "Wake Up and Salute the Sun" yoga class. Luckily, the yoga studio is only 5 minutes from my home, so I had enough time to roll out of bed, throw on my yoga clothes, grab my yoga mat, and stroll into the studio. It was calming, yet made me sweat... just a little. I guess I'm used to my Krav Maga Flex class which consists of super-intense yoga/boot camp, where we may start out with rolling partner push-ups, move to partner stretches (your partner literally sits on you to help you stretch more), next to splits, and then on to inversions (this past week we worked on hand stands). So a hour-long class of upward/downward dog, sun salutations, warrior 1 & 2, forward folds, and boats isn't all that challenging. But I will say that while Flex is humorously too intense for most of us, the morning class is a great way to start the day with a peaceful and calm attitude. Now I just need to figure out how to turn off my brain and focus on my "practice." And how to maintain that calm throughout the workday. It's only day one though. Let's see how I progress over the month.

How did your first day go?

No comments:

Post a Comment